For the past few weeks, we’ve asked you to make your voices heard in opposing SB 1342. We are grateful to all of you who have responded. Over the past 10 days in particular, many of you have joined our creative resistance campaign. We will be taking a break over the next few days as we know that many of you will be spending time with friends and family. We wish you days of community-building and love.
On this 10th day of PUSHING BACK AGAINST MANDATORY MINIMUMS, we ask that you do at least TWO ACTIONS from the list below. We hope to see many of you on Monday at the protest at City Hall. Thanks.
1. Read this helpful post by Todd Belcore which explains why everyone should oppose SB 1342. Then share it with your friends and family.
2. Share these 12 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT RAHM AND SB 1342 with at least 5 others.
3. Change your avi on social media (Facebook, Twitter) until next Wednesday. You can find some images here.
4, Sign the Black Youth Project 100’s petition opposing SB 1342 by Monday. Petitions will be delivered to elected officials on Tuesday.
5. Call, write, fax your elected officials. You can find them, a call script, and letter template here.
6. We’d love to hear your opinions about mandatory minimums and guns. Please complete this survey by Friday November 29. It only takes 5 minutes. We have a goal of collecting at least 700 responses. We are halfway there but need your help to reach our goal. Share it with others too.
7. Make it a point to join us on Monday December 2 at 6 p.m. at City Hall as we shine a light on mandatory minimums. Details are here.